Tuesday, June 14

外人がうちにやってきた!


Welcome to a traditional Japanese house. Posted by Hello


Neil told me that he had never got an invitaion from Japanese family (after having lived here for about a year!) and also mentioned it was his birthday this month. I talked to my mother about it and she said, "Why don't 'we' invite him?". So..., why not? We invited him to my house for dinner - as the first gaijin ever who came to my house! My mother was so excited about his visit and she had planned things like what food to serve, what to talk! I picked him up at around 18:30 and Neil said he was nervous and I guess my parents were nervous too. As soon as we got home, we started eating some Japanese food that my mother cooked, after a 'Kanpai!!' toast. Then after dinner Neil and my father played shogi - traditional Japanese chess. I also played othello with him and ... Well, I guess Neil visited us just to make my family happy. My father is crazy about goldfish and he keeps hundrends of them. He insisted on showing his goldfish off to Neil, so we all went out to see the goldfish - my father looked quite happy and proud. Neil and my family talked for a little while and he left my house at around 23:00. Surprisingly, my father looked very happy and asked me when Neil would come back again. My parents are both looking forward to his visit again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home